Massachusetts Voter Registration ProcessAdmin
To cast your official vote you must be registered 20 days before all primaries and elections, and 10 days before a special town meeting.
Register Qualifications:Sponsored Links:
- The candidate must 16 years old to register, and 18 years old by the Election time, a United States citizen.
- Must be a resident of Massachusetts.
- If you are registering to vote or voting for the first time you must send identification that includes your name and the address at which you are registered to vote, some acceptable forms include current and valid driver’s license number and valid Massachusetts drivers license, you must provide the last four digits for your social security number.
- If you choose not to provide one of these, you may be asked for identification when you go to your polling place on Election Day.
- You may register in person at any local election office, as well as the Elections Division of the secretary of the commonwealth office. Voter registration is also available as part of every transaction at the registry of motor vehicles and certain assistance agencies. Voter registration forms completed in-person is valid as of the say that they are signed.
- To obtain a mail-inn registration form call 1-800-462-VOTE and a form will be sent you. The form must be completed, signed, and delivered to your local election official.
- Voter registration forms submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than the voter registration deadline.