Louisiana Voter Registration ProcessAdmin
To register you must be at least 17 years to apply, but the voter must be 18 years old to vote, must be a United States citizen, and reside in Louisiana and parish in which you seek to register.
If registering in person at a parish Register of Voters office, you are required to prove age, residency and identity you must submit your Louisiana drivers license or Louisiana special identification card, if you have one, or your social security card, birth certificate or other documentation which reasonably and sufficiently establishes your identity, age and residency.Sponsored Links:
- Louisiana drivers license
- Louisiana special ID card
- Other generally recognized picture identification
If the applicant does not have identification, the applicant should sign an affidavit to that effect before the commissioners, and the applicant shall provide further identification by presenting his current registration certificate, giving his date of birth or providing other information stated in the precinct register that is requested by the commissioners.
However, an applicant that is allowed to vote without the picture identification required by this paragraph is subjected to challenge as provided.
Apply in person to register to vote at any Registrar of voter’s office
- Louisiana Office of Motor vehicles
- Louisiana Department of children and family services
- WIC offices
- Food stamp offices
- Offices serving persons with disabilities such as Deaf action centres and independent
- Armed forces recruitment offices