Change Name in Voter Id Card onlineAdmin
The Election Commission of India (ECI) maintains and monitors elections in the largest democracy in the world. Sometimes there will be several complaints of incorrect name or spelling error in the name of the voters.
If you find spellings error in your name or wrong name in the voter id card don’t panic you can change or correct it online in few simple steps. before applying for changes you need to get ready with below documents
- Address proof
- copy of age proof and
- passport size photo
Form for change or correction of name in voter id card
changes in your name as secure in your voter’s id card by submitting application from and supporting documents, Download the Form 8 from Chief Electronic Officer of your state website.
This form can fill and submit through online which is available on the website of the Chief Electronic Officer of your state/ union territory
Steps to change or correct name in voter id:
- go to the Chief Election Officer website of your state and click on the online forms. Fill up the Form 8; it’s an application form for change name in the electronic roll.
- after filling the form, upload require documents like copy of the government gazette. submit the form and documents online.
- reference number will be sent to your mail or mobile number through which you can track the status of your application
- then you application will be processed and information verified by the electoral authorities. once after completing your verification successfully, you will receive notification and you can collect your voter id card in the nearest electronic office
- you can see the updated name in next voter list or you can check it after 30 days
Booth Level Officer will visit your address for verification purpose and to check the documents.